The C-listed brickwork arches were constructed in 1875 to create double-fronted openings beneath the city’s Jeffrey Street.  Due to the expansion of the railway terminus at Waverley Station in the second half of the 19th century, the rear portion of the arches were never completed, leaving the arches as storage for the railway.  Utilising glass frontages, exposed stone ceilings and contemporary lighting, the scheme creates an eclectic community of bars, restaurants and independent retailers beneath the arches.

Images courtesy of Artisan Real Estate Investors.