We are seeking an experienced and driven Technical Architect or Technician to join our growing team. At Staran, we work across a diverse range of domestic projects, ranging from new build homes and listed building renovations, through to multi-unit residential developments and commercial projects. Our project locations reach from the Outer Hebrides to London, although the majority are within two hours travel of Edinburgh.
Our main studio is based in Edinburgh’s New Town and we have recently opened a second studio near Kinross in response to an increasing number of projects in more rural locations.
The position will centre around the delivery of technical and construction packages. This is a great role for a highly organised, proactive and detail-driven individual with a thorough knowledge of current building standards.
Required skills and attributes:
– Proficiency in BIM (Revit) and AutoCAD
– Ability to work confidently through all RIBA work stages
– Excellent detailing ability and knowledge of current technical standards
– Friendly, with the ability to work both as part of a team and independently
– Confidence to discuss and communicate ideas effectively, both within Staran and with wider project teams and stakeholders
– A driving license for undertaking site visits is advantageous
You will become part of a close-knit, experienced, ambitious team and will have opportunities to develop within a friendly working environment. Flexible working is available, but with a minimum of 3 days a week in the Edinburgh studio. A competitive salary will be offered.
If you feel you are a good fit and would like to join our team, please send your CV, along with some examples of your work, to email@example.com