What is Architect-led Design & Build?
An architect-led design & build approach sees the architect and contracting entities merge into a single unit. This in turn provides the client with one direct line of communication to the project team.
Traditionally, the architect and contracting teams are separate, and this can often lead to increased friction during a project resulting in protracted timescales and uncertainty around cost. Communication between consultants, sub-consultants, contractors and sub-contractors can become difficult for a client to manage under this traditional model.
The architect-led design & build process is a holistic one, which draws the talents and experience of both the design and contracting teams into a single entity. This provides clients with clarity on project costs at an earlier stage, greater control of quality and programme, and ensures a more efficient process.
If you would like to find out more about this or have a project in mind, please get in touch.
(Design – Tender – Build)
- Numerous communication channels between multiple parties
- Risk of increased friction given the diverse range of stakeholders with differing priorities
- Less/no cost visibility during early stages of the project
- Potential lack of joined-up thinking
Design & Build Process
- Consistency of communication and greater transparency at all stages
- Frictions removed as stakeholder priorities are aligned
- Detail and design-focused throughout
- Cost visibility from early stage
We are always looking to grow our network of trusted sub-consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers and specialist craftsmen.
If you’re interested in learning more about how we work, then please get in touch.